Before your session
- A booking form will be sent once you have selected the shoot you would like to have.
- This must be filled out and sent back with a proof of payment.
- A confirmation form will be sent back, securing your photo shoot date and time.
On the day of your session
- You must be at the location at least 10 minutes before the shoot starts.
- As this gives us good opportunity to run through the photos that you’d like to have taken and reassure you of any concerns you may have.
- During the shoot, i will suggest a range of different poses for you, but you are welcome to bring sample photos of an image you’d like?
- Have your cell with you in case i need to contact you or visa verse.
- The most important thing is to have fun, this is your moment in the spotlight.
After your session
- Once the shoot is concluded the photos will be uploaded to the website in an album that is password protected and you can view and select your photos.
- If you have any questions about the site feel free to ask.
- Once you have selected your images and gone through with the order, i will be notified by email by the website and i will then start processing your order, by editing the images with a variety of fun techniques and normal edits.
- I will then notify you through email or sms when you can collect your order.
Photo shoot tips and tricks
Horse and rider shoots
- Make sure your horses nose, eyes and ears are clean before the shoot.
- Arrive at least 15 minutes earlier to tack up your horse
- Wear brightly coloured clothes or have a theme to your shoot to make it fun.
- Stay away from stripes and dark clothing as this doesn’t show up great in photos, especially when you have a grey or black horse.
- Take your horse to the shoot location before hand to get him/her used to the area.
- Have a family member or friend with you on the day as help is required with some of the shots.
- Most important bring carrots for your horse.
- 1. Make sure your horse is lightly groomed before the shoot.
- 2. Make sure your horses ears, eyes and nose are clean.
- 3. Have a pretty or clean halter or bridal on.
- 4. Make sure the area we taking him to is clean.
- 5. Most important bring carrots for your horse.
Pet and Owner Portraits
- 1. Make sure your pets nose, eyes and ears are clean before the shoot.
- 2. Arrive at least 15 minutes earlier to get your pet used to the surroundings(if the shoot is out of home).
- 3. Wear brightly coloured clothes or have a theme to your shoot to make it fun.
- 4. Stay away from stripes and dark clothing as this doesn’t show up great in photos, especially when you have dark colour pet.
- 5. Bring treats for your pet.
- 1. Make sure your pet is lightly brushed/bathed before the shoot.
- 2. Make sure your pets ears, eyes and nose are clean.
- 3. Bring his favourite treat with to the shoot.
- 4. Arrive at least 15 minutes earlier to get your pet used to the surroundings(if the shoot is out of home).
- 1. Stay away from stripes and black.
- 2. Apply your makeup heavier than usual as the studio lights soften it.
- 3. For girls wearing heels helps you arch your back.
- 4. If you have an outfit that shows the bra straps please rather wear cups.
- 5. Lingerie models, please do not wear tight underwear before the shoot as it creates lines.
- 6. You may bring any additional props you like.
Family and couple shoots
- 1. Wear similar colours in a family shoot such as jeans and a white or coloured shirt.
- 2. Stay away from stripes and black.
- 3. Make sure with young children that the shoot time is not during their time to sleep or eat as they get agitated.
- 1. Have a theme or dress in similar clothes.
- 2. Have makeup heavier than usual.
- 3. Bring various props.
- 4. Don’t wear stripes or black.
Matric Dance Photos
- 1. Make sure you have spare lipstick or gloss.
- 2. Family photos are taken first.
- 3. Amount of time required for one couple is minimum of 30minutes for photos.
- 4. Allocate at least an hour to photographs depending on how many people are their
- 5. The hour and a half before sunset is the best time for photos, not in the evening.
Riding analysis photography
- 1. Best time of day for these images is early morning or late afternoon, but can be done anytime.
- 2. During a lesson is the best time to do the photographs.
- 1. The wedding day: Have an area where the guests can take photos with the bride and groom.
- 2. Couples photos and family photos: These should be taken at the Walima or before the reception so that the family can relax.